This course is delivered in accordance with the National Mediator Accreditation Standards (NMAS) and has been developed to provide participants with the necessary knowledge, skills and practice to become a facilitative mediator.
Participants will engage in a combined 48 hours program focused on both the theory and practice of mediation. Our trainers are experienced dispute resolution practitioners with over 16 years experience assisting people to navigate conflict situations in an array of contexts.
48 hours | $3245 (inc. GST)
NTADR provides an all-inclusive training, assessment and registration package for people seeking to be accredited under the National Mediator Accreditation Standards. The package includes:
Participants will engage in 38 hours of structured online learning to gain the necessary knowledge and skills to become a facilitative mediator.
Participants will engage in 8 hours of online simulated mediation activities to further develop their skills and practice the delivery of a mediation process from start to finish.
Participants will participate in their accreditation assessment by completing a simulated mediation session. This session will be conducted over a recorded 2 hour period.
Conflict Resolution Australia will work with you to complete the National Mediator Accreditation (NMA) Application. Our application is fully online, leading to a quicker turnaround than most other Recognised Mediator Accrediting Bodies.
Conflict Resolution Australia will provide new applicants with complimentary 2-year industry membership that provides access to a complaints management process (as required by the National Mediation Accreditation Standards), discounted professional development opportunities, and the Conflict Resolution Australia Community of Practice.
* applicants applying for re-accreditation after 2-years will be offered a renewal membership for $198.
Conflict Resolution Australia will pay the Mediator Standards Board Registration Fee of $100 for new applicants.
* applicants applying for re-accreditation after 2-years will be responsible for the MSB Registration Fee.
On successful completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Apply practical knowledge of the facilitative mediation model and the purpose of each stage in the process, demonstrating creativity and initiative in managing a range of dispute contexts.
- Demonstrate an ability to explain the different approaches to negotiation and when each might be appropriate.
- Investigate, analyse and reflect meaningfully on complex information and problems in relation to the facilitative mediation model.
- Demonstrate a range of skills and techniques in communication, negotiation and mediation.
- Use cognitive, technical and creative skills to generate and evaluate, at an abstract level, complex ideas and concepts relevant to the facilitative mediation model.
- Understand the importance of mediation and how it is applied in a range of professional and non-professional contexts.
- Demonstrate a theoretical understanding of mediation, and the roles of parties involved in a mediation.