This course is delivered in accordance with the National Mediator Accreditation Standards (NMAS) and has been developed to provide participants with the necessary knowledge, skills, and practice to become a facilitative mediator.
Participants will engage in a 38-hour self-paced online program focused on both the theory and practice of mediation. Throughout the course, participants are encouraged to engage with our experienced trainers in one-on-one support sessions. Our trainers are accredited dispute resolution practitioners with over 17 years of experience in a range of dispute contexts.
38 hours |
$2475 $1540 (inc. GST)
On successful completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Apply practical knowledge of the facilitative mediation model and the purpose of each stage in the process, demonstrating creativity and initiative in managing a range of dispute contexts.
- Demonstrate an ability to explain the different approaches to negotiation and when each might be appropriate.
- Investigate, analyse and reflect meaningfully on complex information and problems in relation to the facilitative mediation model.
- Demonstrate a range of skills and techniques in communication, negotiation and mediation.
- Use cognitive, technical and creative skills to generate and evaluate, at an abstract level, complex ideas and concepts relevant to the facilitative mediation model.
- Understand the importance of mediation and how it is applied in a range of professional and non-professional contexts.
- Demonstrate a theoretical understanding of mediation, and the roles of parties involved in a mediation.
Frequently Asked Questions
We believe there are a few key advantages to choosing NTADR for your training, these include:
- our fees are lower than other training and service providers;
- our people have over 17 years experience delivering mediation conferences and training;
- our course content is informed from practice and meets the requirements of the National Mediator Accreditation Standards;
- we are a Recognised Mediator Accrediting Body (essentially a one-stop-shop for both your training and accreditation needs); and,
- we are a not-for-profit organisation, meaning your course registration fee supports our conflict resolution services for people most in need.
Not at all, the NTADR Learning Platform is available everywhere!
Our course is approved under the National Mediator Accreditation Standards and meets the same requirements as courses delivered by similar providers across Australia.
We have observed that other providers who offer similar courses are charging exorbitant fees. We wanted to make sure that when people were deciding to further their knowledge and skills in mediation that they were able to access a more reasonably priced option.
By offering a pre-sale we are able to guarantee those people who are most interested would be the same people able to secure their seats on the course when it launches in early 2021.
So glad you noticed because this was our goal!
We wanted to provide a training option for interested people that was accessible, and we believe accessibility and cost cannot be viewed in isolation of one another. We have decided the best way we can support new and emerging practitioners is to find ways to deliver services that are of high quality and are affordable.
The course will become available in the NTADR Learning Portal on Monday, 04 January 2021.
Yes, we have invested a lot of time, energy, and resources to make sure your training experience online is similar to those opportunities offered in-person.
The course is delivered using a range of pre-recorded presentations, activities and quizzes, live online roleplays, and scheduled one-on-one videoconference sessions with our trainers.