This course is delivered in accordance with the National Mediator Accreditation Standards (NMAS) and has been developed to provide participants with the necessary knowledge, skills and practice to become a facilitative mediator.
Participants will engage in a 5-day intensive program focused on both the theory and practice of mediation. Our trainers are experienced dispute resolution practitioners with over 16 years experience assisting people to navigate conflict situations in an array of contexts.
5 days | $2475 (inc. GST)
On successful completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Apply practical knowledge of the facilitative mediation model and the purpose of each stage in the process, demonstrating creativity and initiative in managing a range of dispute contexts.
- Demonstrate an ability to explain the different approaches to negotiation and when each might be appropriate.
- Investigate, analyse and reflect meaningfully on complex information and problems in relation to the facilitative mediation model.
- Demonstrate a range of skills and techniques in communication, negotiation and mediation.
- Use cognitive, technical and creative skills to generate and evaluate, at an abstract level, complex ideas and concepts relevant to the facilitative mediation model.
- Understand the importance of mediation and how it is applied in a range of professional and non-professional contexts.
- Demonstrate a theoretical understanding of mediation, and the roles of parties involved in a mediation.